Simple no cook dinner recipes.
Warm Chicken satay and vegetable salad with cous cous –serves 4
· 2 cups of diced leftover roasted vegetables eg red onion, carrot, sweet potato, capsicum, eggplant, mushroom
· 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
· 2 cups baby spinach or salad greens
· 1 cup cous cous
· 1 cup boiling water
· Rind of one orange
· 2 tablespoons sultanas
· No cook peanut sauce ingredients:
o 1/3 cup hot water
o ½ cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
o 2 teaspoons soy sauce
o 4 shallots onion diced
o 1 teaspoon garlic minced
o 1 teaspoon sugar
o 1/2 teaspoons chilli flakes
o 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
o 1 tablespoon lime juice
Pour boiling water onto cous cous. Add orange rind and sultanas. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Step 2 Make satay sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients together
Step 3 Mix sauce into chicken.
Step 4 Get a platter and lay out a bed of baby spinach, then a layer of roasted vegetables, then the cous cous and then the chicken satay mixture. Sprinkle with some more sultanas
Chicken noodle salad – serves 4
· 2 cups shredded chicken
· 450 g packet fresh hokkien noodles
· 1 carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
· 1 cucumber peeled and cut into matchsticks
· 1 small red capsicum thinly sliced
· 100g snow peas, sliced lengthways
· 4 spring onions thinly sliced
· 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
· 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain.
Place shredded chicken, carrot, cucumber, capsicum, snow peas and coriander in a large bowl. Add hot noodles. Toss to combine.
Place sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a screw-top jar. Season with pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine.
Can be served warm or cold.