Fun and Easy snack ideas
Here are 2 easy and delicious snack ideas!
Vegetable Fritters - makes 12
· 2 cups grated/diced vegetables. Eg; carrot, zucchini, corn kernels, capsicum, peas, beans.
· 1/3 cup wholemeal self-raising flour.
3 eggs, lightly beaten.
· 1/3 cup grated tasty cheese.
Combine chosen vegetables, flour and egg in a large bowl. Stir in cheese.
Heat sandwich press. Place tablespoons of mixture onto hot plate. Close hotplate and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with rest of mixture.
Can be dipped in favourite sauces / natural yoghurt
Banana and Blueberry Pikelets - makes 24
· 1 cup wholemeal self- raising flour
· ¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
· ½ cup milk (depends on consistency, may need more)
· 1 mashed banana
· 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or 1 punnet fresh
Sift flour and bicarbonate soda into a bowl.
Step 2 Add milk and mix until batter is smooth.
Step 3 Mix in mashed banana, adding more milk if needed to make batter thinner.
Step 4 Place a heaped tablespoon of mix on press hot plate. Sprinkle with blueberries.
Step 5 Turnover when pikelet starts to bubble, cook until golden. Cool on rack. Serve warm or cold.
Can be warmed and served with icecream, yoghurt or frozen yoghurt for dessert or a light lunch.
No need to spread with butter as they are quite moist with the blueberries. Freeze three in a snap lock bag for a quick easy snack. Freezes well up to 3 months.
Drizzle with honey for extra sweetness.